Fennovoima's nuclear power plant project enters a new phase of which the main target is selecting the plant supplier. Previous phase’s main targets, choosing the site, preparing and delivering bid invitations and receiving the bids, were reached.
Alongside the new phase, there will be some changes within Fennovoima's majority shareholder Voimaosakeyhtiö SF. S Group has today announced it is leaving the project. In addition, electric utilities Leppäkosken Sähkö, Lankosken Sähkö and Outokummun Energia as well as Atria and Omya have decided not to participate in the project anymore. Boliden is rearranging its ownership and its share will decrease.
Altogether these changes cover less than 10 per cent of the shares of Voimaosakeyhtiö SF.
Fennovoima has two direct owners, Voimaosakeyhtiö SF (66 %) and E.ON (34 %). The shares of the two main owners remain unchanged and Fennovoima’s project continues as planned.
At the moment, Fennovoima is evaluating the plant offers of Areva and Toshiba. The supplier will be chosen in 2012 or 2013. The schedule of the whole project will be settled in the plant contract after that.
For more information
On issues regarding Voimaosakeyhtiö SF and its shareholders: Voimaosakeyhtiö SF
CEO Pekka Ottavainen +358 20 757 9247.
With questions concerning the Fennovoima project: Fennovoima's Communications Director
Maira Kettunen, tel +358 20 757 9213.
- Hanhikivi 1
- Nuclear Power
- Fennovoima as an Employer
- A great place to work
- Training for our specialists
- International workplace
- For Students
- Open Positions
- Supply Chain Manager
- Project Manager, Operations and Maintenance Systems
- Power Plant Building Manager, Nuclear Island
- Maintenance Engineer
- Project Manager, Nuclear Island
- Lead Auditor, Quality
- Quality Control (QC) Manager, Quality Department
- Operation Planning Engineer
- Licensing Engineer, Licensing Specialist
- HR Specialist
- IT Coordinator
- Technical Coordinator
- Electrical Engineers, High Voltage Systems
- Electrical Engineer, Building Electrical Systems
- Automation (I&C) Engineer
- Project Manager, Diesel Generators, Nuclear Island
- Open application
- Control Room Engineer, Control Room Specialist