Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Project Engineer, Nuclear Island Project Unit
We are strengthening our Nuclear Island (NI) team and hiring a Project Engineer to NI Project Unit. In this position you will coordinate agreed NI project unit management activities and support the department management throughout the different project phases. You will report to the NI Project Unit Manager.
We expect you to have a technical education, experience of investment projects and good communication skills. The detailed job description will be finalized based on your professional background and knowledge.
Your tasks will include at least
- Facilitation and support to project & schedule follow-up, reporting and progress meetings
- Supporting project managers in coordination and control of incoming / outgoing technical project documents
- Support in specifying the requirements for project management tools in cooperation with unit managers in NI department
- Development and maintenance of the project management tools in close cooperation with unit managers in NI department and with Project Controls Department (including QPR analyzer tool)
- Participation in NI department team meetings and sub-project progress meetings
- Meeting preparation, coordination and follow-up in meetings with Supplier
- Collecting the technical information and project status information internally in Fennovoima and externally with Supplier
- Coordination of risk management, change management and technical contract requirement management processes
Ideal candidate for this position has
- At least 3 years of experience of industrial investment project implementation
- Experience of power plants or other relevant industries
- Skills in utilizing software programs like:
- Excel, main focus on Advanced Charting / Advanced Formulae / VBA & Macros / Data Tables, Simulations & solver
- Scheduling tools as Primavera
- Technical education, e.g. B.Sc.
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing. Finnish / Russian is an advantage.
- Good team working and communication skills
- Independent and proactive working style
We appreciate professional and positive team players who want to take responsibility and make the decisions and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your application and CV no later than 19.10.2020 here: http://www.fennovoima.fi/en/recruitment/open-positions. For further information, please contact Psycon consultant Laura Nissilä tel. +358 (0)20 7101 271 on Thu 1.10. at 9-10 or Nuclear Island Project Unit Manager, Vincent Vigouroux tel. +358 (0)20 757 8722 on Fri 9.10. at 11-12 or Mon 12.10. at 11-12.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
More information about Fennovoima you will find on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Capital region, work location transfers to Pyhäjoki later on when needed.