Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Quality Control (QC) Mechanical Inspector (verification of conformity of pressure equipment and mechanical components)
Fennovoima´s Inspection and Supervision unit belonging QC Mechanical team is responsible for Hanhikivi 1 NPP pressure equipment and mechanical components conformity assessment according to Finnish Nuclear Regulations and applicable European Directives requirements. We are looking for a qualified and experienced quality control inspector for our team who may provide inspections and controls over manufacturing and installation of pressure equipment and mechanical components on basis of approved design.
You will be an important part of the quality control process and you will represent the Owner in quality control related activities with the supplier and sub-suppliers, Fennovoima inter-discipline colleagues.
Your main tasks will include
- Representing FV in defined control and inspection steps as QC Mechanical inspector.
- Performing FV’s quality control measures according to FV’s QC Mechanical procedures.
- Performing review of manufacturing, inspection and testing documentation.
- Performing verification of used base and welding materials conformity and traceability during manufacturing process.
- Assessment of permanent joints and related heat treatment quality compliance with defined requirements and verification of permanent joining personnel qualification.
- Conformity evaluation of manufacturing related inspections, testing methods (DT and NDT), and test results as well as conformity of NDT personnel qualification.
- Review and approval of manufacturer´s manufacturing follow-up documentation and related manufacturing procedures fulfilment on basis of approved construction plan requirements, related authority decisions and NC handling results.
- Making decisions on acceptability and conforming requirements of pressure equipment and mechanical components.
- Issuing of quality control inspection reports.
The ideal candidate for this position has
- Education: E.g. Applicable B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Joining Technology / Mechanical Engineering.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE) or International Welding Inspector (IWI-C) certificate.
- NDT testing personnel qualification certificates are an advantage.
- Strong experience in tasks related to manufacturing of pressure equipment on basis of European Directives and regulations, harmonized standards and European manufacturing practices.
- Strong knowledge of harmonized pressure equipment manufacturing standards and European technical requirements for steel structures.
- Familiar with European permanent joining procedures qualification and permanent joining personnel qualification standards and practices.
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Finnish or Russian language is an advantage.
- Possibility to travel; especially in the beginning the work requires frequent travelling.
We appreciate professional and positive team players who want to take responsibility, have the desire to develop new power generation and have the skill to listen to colleagues.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your application and CV no later than 19.4.2021. For further information, please contact QC Mechanical Quality Control Manager Urmas Laurfeld tel. +358 (0)20 757 8402 on Thu 1.4. at 10-11 or on Thu 15.4. at 9-10 or Psycon consultant Helmi Viertiö tel. +358 (0)20 7101 235 on Wed 7.4. at 14-15. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
Work location: Helsinki for 1-2 years, then Pyhäjoki.