Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Senior Project Manager, Turbine Island
We are strengthening our Turbine Island (TI) team, and we are hiring a Senior Project Manager. In this role, you will lead a team of Delivery Managers, being accountable for management of assigned EPC contract deliverables such as Turbine Island facilities, Balance of plant facilities or Electrical facilities through the whole project lifecycle (from design up to the commissioning).
Your tasks will include at least
- Management of EPC contract deliverables as a representative of Owner
- Control of EPC contract requirement fulfillment in relation to assigned scope, especially in connection to change management, request for clarification and contract variations
- Supervision of Supplier and Sub-suppliers' activities towards completion of the EPC deliverables
- Leadership, management and coordination of internal Fennovoima activities (including management of direct subordinates) to ensure reaching of Project milestones and key targets
- Management of the Project interfaces between engineering, manufacturing, and site activities
- Management of the schedule, project progress review and reporting
- Identification and management of the project risks and opportunities, including management of preventive and mitigation actions internally in Fennovoima and with Supplier
- Control progress of the open issues to enable project progress (including continuous evaluation of their impact to the project and project schedule)
- Development and implementation of lessons learned
- Communicate internally with Fennovoima stakeholders and externally with Suppliers
- Lead official correspondence towards the Supplier (under the EPC contract)
- Setting up the project, maintaining and developing the project.
Ideal candidate for this position has
- Extensive project management knowledge and proven project management experience
- Proven experience in supervisor position
- Minimum 15 years’ experience from large scale industrial project preferably in the power generation industry or project delivery business
- Experience from nuclear industry is considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of business practices required for international projects, including working with worldwide class industry stakeholders such as EPC contractor or sub-contractor and national authorities/regulators
- Master’s degree of relevant field
- Skills in utilizing project management and collaborative software (e.g., Primavera, Office 360, MS Teams, various DMS)
- Very good communication and team spirit skills
- Analysis and synthesis skills, practical solution driven skills, ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
- Fluent skills in English. Finnish and/or Russian is an advantage.
We appreciate professional and positive team players who want to take responsibility and make the decisions and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your application and CV no later than 17.1.2022. For further information, please contact Delivery Director Tiina Partanen +358 (0)20 7578 555 on Wed 29.12. at 12-13 or on Fri 14.1. at 9-10, or Psycon consultant Laura Montonen tel. +358 (0)20 7101 265 on Thu 23.12. at 9-10 or on Wed 5.1. at 15-16. More information about Fennovoima you will find on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
Work location: Capital region, work location transfers to Pyhäjoki later when needed.