Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
We are strengthening our company with a Claim Manager in the Contract Management Department (CoMa). The CoMa Department is responsible for a wide range of topics, including
- Contract Administration
- Integrated Change Management
- Claim Management
- Contractual advice to other departments
The main responsibilities are:
- Evaluate the contractual and technical validity of any claim and any entitlement fairly, using best practice
- Assist in executing the claim management strategy
- Expedite the fair contractual evaluation of existing open claims and support a timely settlement
- Deal with all future claims expediently with technical and legal research/evaluation enabling a fast accept or reject justified decision,
- Prepare and issue Fennovoima’s claims and counterclaims/rebuttals against a supplier in alignment with Legal, Technical and all other relevant project units.
- Use and facilitate document management tools which are being expanded to facilitate management of Claims; enhance user’s diligence in using existing functions and improve current metadata information
She or he will hold a comprehensive role in the Contract Management department in all aspects of the management of incoming and outgoing contractual claims. In order to perform the role of Manager, she or he must have a minimum of the following;
- At least 10 years’ experience in nuclear construction, major EPC Projects, specifically in contract and claim management
- To be able to fairly and correctly evaluate incoming claims
- To be able to prepare and evidence loss of expense claims and counterclaims for the Owner
- To be able to use various techniques to evaluate Critical Path delays and to be able read schedules and programs
- To speak and understand fluent English with legal and contractual terminology expertise
- To have the ability to negotiate with the Contractor, internal units and Project Stakeholders
- Be experienced in dispute resolution methods (mediation, adjudication, arbitration)
- Understand interfaces in construction and construction methodology
- Interpret contractual requirements and their practical implementation
- Understand the project management processes
- Have strong understanding of risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or legal subjects
We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to take responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 19.4.2021. For further information, please contact Contract Management Director Katarina Culham tel. +358 (0)20 7578 757 on Tue 13.4. at 15-16 or on Fri 16.4. at 12-13, or Psycon consultant Hanna Starczewski tel. +358 (0)20 7101 236 on Thu 8.4. at 13-14 or on Fri 16.4. at 9-10.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Capital region, work location transfers to Pyhäjoki later on when needed.