Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. Among other things, you will have flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Design Change Engineer
As Design Change Engineer your main task will be to ensure robust design change management in Fennovoima. In order to succeed with this task, you are expected to provide strong contribution for development of the design change management in close cooperation with Change Management and Engineering disciplines. Furthermore, your main responsibility areas will include initial impact evaluation for design changes to ensure proper distribution for further evaluation. You will work as a part of our Configuration Management Unit which belongs to the Engineering and Design Integrity Department.
Your tasks include e.g.
- Initially evaluate the proposed change request in order to ensure that the change is robust and acceptable as design change
- Review the design change requests and corresponding impact evaluation. Decision for the further actions, including evaluation regarding the acceptability or if further internal evaluations will be needed
- Selection of the disciplines / experts required to review the proposed design change
- Develop and maintain robust design change management process
- Reporting the design changes status
- Support development of Fennovoima change management strategy, plans and related procedures.
The ideal candidate for this position has
- Engineering education (B.Sc. or M.Sc.)
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar tasks in power plant industry
- Understanding of change management practices related to technical design
- Strong problem solving, decision making and communication skills
- Knowledge of the principles of interdisciplinary engineering and design sequence
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 16.8.2021. We may proceed with individual applicants before the application period ends. For further information, please contact Psycon Consultant Laura Montonen +358 20 710 1265 on Wed 26.5. at 10-11, Wed 16.6. at 15-16, Thu 29.7. at 9-10 or Thu 12.8. at 15-16.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Pyhäjoki.