Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Mechanical Engineer, Piping Engineer
Your scope of responsibility will be mainly focused on piping equipment of nuclear power plant (NPP). However, it will be adjusted based on your background.
As a Piping Engineer you are responsible within area of your competence for the piping specifications, design and manufacturing documentation. You coordinate piping related activities with NPP suppliers, Fennovoima’s departments and Safety Authorities during all phases of the project. You also follow up design, manufacturing and approvals schedule. You will ensure that suppliers follow the applicable requirements (YVL Guides, EPC Requirements, EN norms and standards etc.) and if needed, also support them.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- At least 5 years’ work experience on piping engineering or pressure equipment design
- Knowledge of pressure equipment related European norms (EN) and standards
- Knowledge of YVL guides is highly appreciated
- Experience in manufacturing and inspections of mechanical components is highly appreciated
- Experience in international projects is an advantage
- Fluent English language, Finnish and Russian is an advantage
Your tasks include e.g.:
- Review and approval of piping design, manufacturing, testing and commissioning documentation in your area of responsibility
- Providing technical expertise in the area of piping engineering
- Participation in supplier evaluation and technical assessment audits
- Co-operation with the Authorities
- Preparation of project procedures and specifications
If you are positive and active person, with team work attitude as well as disciplined, able to take responsibility, find out solutions, follow agreed deadlines and also flexible towards possible changes, you are a good candidate for our team.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 10.8.2020. For further information, please contact Equipment Team Manager Juha Isometsä tel.
+358 (0)20 7578 548 on Mon 3.8. at 13:00-14:00 or on Fri 7.8. at 12:00-13:00, or Psycon Consultant Pekka Airaksinen tel. +358 (0)20 7101 222 on Tue 30.6. at 11:00-12:00 on Thu 6.8. at 15:00-16:00. You will find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Capital region for 1-2 years, then Pyhäjoki.