Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Mechanical Engineer, Pressure Equipment
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to strengthen our Equipment Team. Your scope of responsibility will be mainly focused on pressure equipment of nuclear power plant (NPP). However, it will be adjusted based on your background. As a Mechanical Engineer, you are responsible within the area of your own competence for the pressure equipment specifications, design and manufacturing documentation. You will coordinate pressure equipment related activities with NPP suppliers, Fennovoima’s departments and Safety Authorities during all phases of the project. You’ll also follow up the design, manufacturing and approvals schedule. You will ensure that suppliers follow the applicable requirements (YVL Guides, EPC Requirements, EN norms and standards etc.) and if needed, also support them.
Your responsibilities will include e.g.
- Review and approval of pressure equipment design, manufacturing, testing and commissioning documentation in your area of responsibility
- Providing technical expertise in your area of pressure equipment engineering
- Participation in supplier evaluation and technical assessment audits
- Co-operation with the Authorities
- Preparation of project procedures and specifications.
The ideal candidate for this position has
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- At least 5 years’ work experience on pressure equipment design
- Knowledge of pressure equipment related European norms (EN) and standards
- Knowledge of YVL guides is highly appreciated
- Experience in manufacturing and inspections of mechanical components is highly appreciated
- Experience in international projects is an advantage
- Fluent English language, Finnish or Russian is an advantage.
We appreciate professional and positive team players who want to take responsibility and make the decisions and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your application and CV no later than Feb 21st 2022. For further information, please contact Equipment Team Manager Juha Isometsä +358 (0)20 7578 548 on Wed Feb 9th at 15-16 or on Fri Feb 18th at 12-13, or Psycon consultant Laura Nissilä tel. +358 (0)20 7101 271 on Tue Feb 8th at 9-10 or on Tue Feb 15th at 9-10.
More information about Fennovoima you will find on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
Work location:Capital region, work location transfers to Pyhäjoki later when needed.