Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
We are strengthening our team further and looking for a Nuclear Engineer to join the Nuclear Fuel Sub-Unit in our Nuclear Technology Unit at Nuclear Safety Department. Your main tasks are related to quality assurance and control, nuclear fuel management and nuclear materials control. Your job is linked to design development and preparation for the fabrication phase of the nuclear fuel and control rods. You will also contribute to development of the system for control and accounting of the nuclear materials, including the coordination of the safeguards arrangements with the development of the plant design. In addition to co-operation within Nuclear Technology Unit you will work in close co-operation with Nuclear Island, Quality and Security Teams.
As a Nuclear Engineer you will contribute to different activities related to nuclear fuel.
Tasks of Nuclear Fuel Engineer typically include:
- Quality assurance and quality control of nuclear fuel and/or control rods
- Nuclear fuel management and development of related processes and procedures
- Nuclear materials
- Evaluation of the nuclear fuel and/or control rods licensing documentation
- In-pile fuel behavior in normal operation and accidental conditions
- Participation in national and international R&D projects on the own area of expertise
Ideal candidate for this position has:
- Suitable academic degree
- At least 3 years of work experience in nuclear industry (experience in nuclear engineering is an asset)
- Fluent English (Finnish and/or Russian language is an asset)
- Possibility to travel
- Knowledge and experience in project management are considered beneficial
We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to assume responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 18.2.2019. For further information, please contact Psycon Consultant Lari Koivu tel. +358 (0)20 7101 267 on Friday 8.2. at 9-10 or on Wednesday 13.2. at 14-15 or Nuclear Fuel Manager Libor Klecka tel. +358 20 757 8410 on Friday 8.2. at 13-14. You will find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: The work location at first is in Helsinki office but starting in Pyhäjoki office can also be negotiated. Later the work location will be in Pyhäjoki.