Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies.
We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Quality Control (QC) Manager (Mechanical Engineering)
As a QC Manager you will be responsible for quality control of the mechanical components. You will also perform quality control during the manufacturing, installation and commissioning phases as well as during the operation of the plant. You will coordinate quality related activities with the supplier and sub-suppliers, Fennovoima inter-discipline colleagues and Safety Authorities. You will also follow up quality and schedule during the operations. You will ensure and if needed, train suppliers to follow requirements and safety culture principles during the whole process.
Your main tasks will include
- Managing the Quality Control team in Mechanical sub-unit
- Co-ordination, planning and guiding quality control
- Co-ordination of sub-suppliers and site inspections
- Co-ordination with Safety Authorities
- Organization of evaluation and approval of manufacturing and quality procedures
- Co-ordination of qualification of inspection methods
- Participation in supplier evaluation and technical assessment audits
The ideal candidate has
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years inspection experience leading quality control of machines, components and manufacturing, of which 3-5 years in the nuclear field is an advantage
- Experience of technical audits and supplier assessment
- Material assessment and certificates
- Knowledge of destructive / non-destructive methods in accordance with European norms
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant design, YVL guide requirements, awareness of nuclear safety culture
- Knowledge of in-service inspection according to ENIQ
- Readiness to travel at least once per month
- Fluent English, Finnish and/or Russian are an advantage
If you are able to foresee failures, ensure precautions, appreciate and adopt other perspectives, and possess a problem solving mindset and teamwork attitude, you can be a good candidate for our team.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 16.9.2018. For further information, please contact Mechanical Engineering Manager Dragi Srbinoski tel. +358 (0)20 757 8556 on Monday 10.9. at 14-15 or Psycon consultant Tapio Nieminen tel. +358 (0)20 7101 254 on Thursday 13.9. at 15-16. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: The work location at first is in Helsinki office but starting in Pyhäjoki office can also be negotiated. Later the work location will be in Pyhäjoki.