Summer Trainee / Fennovoima
Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies.
Dare to take actions towards the summer of 2022!
At Fennovoima we continue to grow and develop our organization. Besides the experienced professionals we recruit for our permanent positions, we are also looking for some Summer Trainees to assist and participate in different duties in our organization during the summer holiday season. As a Summer Trainee you will gain valuable experience from our unique project and international organization, and you get to be a part of an inspiring work environment with highly talented professionals as your colleagues. You will also be offered a comprehensive introduction to Fennovoima and to your tasks.
Summer Trainee, Operations & Maintenance; Technical Training
We are looking for an active and motivated Summer Trainee to our Team. You will participate in development of training, in particular extending our scaled 3D printed training models of main nuclear power plant components. You will have a unique chance to see the entire lifecycle of a 3D printed model from its conceptual ideas to manufacturing and implementation in training. This won’t be only an office job since you will get a hands-on experience with manufacturing as well.
Your tasks include e.g.
- Acquaintance with existing Fennovoima 3D printed training models and associated documentation from the previous pilot project
- CAD design of parts and assemblies for different manufacturing methods - 3D printing (FDM and SLA), laser cutting and engraving of different materials, vinyl sticker printing and cutting, etc.
- Manufacturing of parts, including their postprocessing (grinding, drilling, puttying, painting, gluing…)
- Search for manufacturing service providers and contracting them
- Project management
- Documenting processes and gained experience
- Learning about the nuclear technology and power plant components
Ideal candidate for this position has
- Education: student for Applicable B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in mechanical or process engineering with previous experience and knowledge of CAD modelling and 3D printing
- Proficiency in at least one industrial CAD software (Creo, Catia, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in 3D printing of complex parts
- Bitmap and vector 2D graphics
- Mastering precise handicrafts – experience in model making is a huge advantage
- Ability to solve spatial challenges
- Work personality: willingness to learn about nuclear technology and nuclear power plant equipment, proactive innovative constructive approach, eagerness to learn new skills, commitment to challenging but exciting project, precision, and attention to details
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing; ability to communicate with technical topics in English daily
Do you want to bring your energy to our team? Please leave your application and CV in English no later than 31.1.2022. We will contact you if your profile is suitable for this Summer Trainee position.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
Work location: Pyhäjoki office.