Fennovoima will bring a large number of ice cubes to the streets this weekend.
The campaign aims to remind everyone that we must fight climate change by all possible means.
The ice cube campaign will be on display in eleven localities around Finland. The ice cubes will be installed on Friday night in key locations, for example in market squares.
Large ice cubes remind us that glaciers are vanishing due to global warming. The cubes carry a message saying: "Ice will stay if you care. Stopping climate change is the most important thing in the world. Ask your kids."
The purpose of the campaign is to inspire the public to think about the consequences of climate change. At the same time, it explains that it is still possible to mitigate global climate change. Part of the solution is nuclear power, an emission-free and efficient way to generate a large amount of reliable energy.
The ice cubes can be found at the following locations: Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kerava, Turku, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Kokkola, Oulu, Raahe and Pyhäjoki. The list of the exact locations of the cubes and the YouTube video describing the ice cube’s melting are below.
For more information: Heli Nikula, Fennovoima Communications Manager, tel. +358 20 757 8429
Ice cube locations:
- Vantaa, Vantaanaukio: Tikkurila Market, close to Huoneistokeskus
- Kerava, Puuvalonaukio: in front of Prisma, pedestrian street
- Lahti, Torikatu: Market Square opposite the R-Kioski
- Lappeenranta, Kipparinkatu 1: Port Market, sales place number 4
- Kokkola, crossing of Rantakatu and Tehtaankatu, in front of Purjelava
- Pyhäjoki, Ruukintie: in front of library
- Raahe, Sovionkatu: Härkätori Park, Laivurinkatu side
- Oulu, Kauppatori: Torinranta
- Espoo, Otaniementie: Otaniemi metro station, library side
- Turku, Läntinen rantakatu: Aurajoki Beach, Kristiinankatu
- Helsinki, Railway Station Market Square